List of famous districts of West Java
There are quite a few regencies in West Java, and almost all of them have their own specialties. If you are one of the people from West Java, of course you really understand the different kinds of districts in the province. The Indonesian people certainly understand very well that there are various kinds of benefits that can be found in Western Java.
Different types of tourism are often visited by different kinds of tourists outside the region and abroad. It does not stop there, but the culinary part also continues to grow and becomes more and more known.
One of the Indonesian people, of course, you also need to understand different tribes and cultures from other regions. Likewise from the West Java area, which is dominated by the Sundanese tribe. West Java province itself has been divided into 18 regencies and 9 cities. You can get different kinds of information through our following information.
Beginning of West Java Regency formed
West Java or Jawa Kulon is one of the provinces of Indonesia that has been widely known by other people. Indonesia itself has a number of provinces with a fairly large number, but not all of them are well known to the Indonesian people.
West Java province you will find a variety of unique cultures that make tourists and locals feel even more amazed. But before that, the history of Western Java may not be widely known.
This province in the 5th century was part of the Tarumanegara kingdom. There are different types of inscriptions left by the kingdom and have been widely spread in parts of West Java province. There are about 7 inscriptions that are written in the Wengi script book and use Sanskrit how most of them will narrate the king’s journey from Tarumanegara.
Tarumanegara was successfully paralyzed and perpetuated by the Sundanese kingdom. There are also inscriptions from the era of the Sundanese kingdom, which are still well maintained in the Bogor area. The struggle between the kingdoms did not stop until finally, in 1925, West Java was used as an administrative definition during the reign of the Dutch East Indies.
This also underlies the formation of regencies in West Java. Not only that, but various forms of development continue in Western Java until this moment. This, of course, makes the people of the province feel more and more comfortable developing different areas, especially in the economic part.
Have you ever understood all the districts owned by the province of West Java? As already mentioned earlier, there are about 18 counties and 9 cities. The capital of this province is in Bandung, and on October 17 in the 2000s, several regions of the province will be formed a separate province, namely Banten.
List of regency names in West Java
For those of you who are curious about the different names of the districts, here are some districts from Java Kulon that you can know.
- Bandung Regency, which has a capital in Soreang. This one district turns out to have an area of about 1,767 and a population of about 3,145,254.Consisting of 31 subdistricts and 10 subdistricts, making this one district quite famous.
- In addition, there is the West Bandung Regency, which has an area of about 1,305. The capital of West Bandung is located in Ngamprah and has a population of about 1,616,203, divided into 16 districts.
- West Java Regency next is Bekasi Regency with an area of 1,224 cubic km is quite close because it has about 23 districts. There is a population of 2,554,376, and it is evenly distributed.
- Bogor is the next with a very large area compared to others. The area is about 2,710 cubic km with a population of 4,246,307 spread over 40 districts.
- Cianjur covers an area of 3,840 cubic KM with 13 subdistricts. It has a population of 2,246,663 in 32 districts.
- Ciamis has a population of 1,228,294 divided into 27 subdistricts. The district’s area is about 1,414 cubic KM.
- There is Cirebon in the next order with a rather small area of only 984.52 cubic kilometers. There are approximately 2,099,089 inhabitants in 40 subdistricts.
- Garut with an area of 3, 074 cubic KM, inhabited by 2, 210, 017 inhabitants. Divided by a fairly large number of subdistricts, there are 42.
- Indramayu is occupied by 1, 845, 205 in 31 different districts. The area of Indramayu is about 2, 040 cubic KM.
- There is Karawang with an area of 1,652 cubic KM and has a population of about 2,110,476 people. Karawang has 30 subdistricts distributed throughout the district.
There are many more districts in the West Java area. For example, there are Cimahi, Cirebon, Sukabumi, Tasikmalaya, Purwakarta, Sukabumi, Majalengka, Pangandaran, Sumedang and many others.
Each district should have its own selection of specialties. Starting from the fields of economy, tourism, education and so on. Although there are many regencies owned, West Java has managed to build a positive character for its people.
Economics of the West Java Regency
In addition to having to understand the name of the regency of West Java, it turns out that you also understand the different kinds of potential you have. There is a great potential that West Java possesses as one of the provinces with many residents in it.
So, looking from the economy, it turns out that this province is developing in different areas. From the manufacturing industry, agriculture was engaged in land and agriculture. There is also a thriving economy in sea and fishing because it is located on two sides of the Java Sea.
The economy continues to develop well in West Java. There is no doubt that many residents also thrive by trying to use different kinds of efforts to make their province better.
Turisme i West Java Regency
Looking from tourist sites, regencies in West Java never want to be left behind. There are so many great places to be used as one of the destinations when on vacation. Most tourism from this one province is more on natural tourism.
Even so, there are still many visitors from inside and outside the area who come just to enjoy the holiday season. If classified, at least tourism in West Java is about 96 with different types.
Starting from beaches, waterfalls, dams, theme parks, museums and many others. So, are you interested in spending your vacation time in Java Kulon? Your vacation should be much more enjoyable if you choose one of the districts above for vacation.
There are countless counties compared to cities in the province. However, if you are trying to explore in these different districts, there must be interesting things to find. There are many regencies in West Java, but all of them have their own natural beauty.